Are you new to embroidery, or need help refining your skills or boosting your confidence; then this is the class for you. There will be plenty of practice and information to get you set up and going with a project to enjoy embroidery.
This class will be followed up with a project class to meet your individual needs. It’s always more fun sewing with someone else!Skill/Techniques Taught:
1. Basic machine operation (BabyLock/Brother)2. Materials needed and how they are used3. Embroidery space set up suggestions4. Hooping and tips5. Appropriate stabilizer for a specific task6. Centering a design7. Using built-in lettering8. Using Cotton & knit fabric9. Simple Applique10.Locating & downloading designs then transfer to the machine and stitch out.What to Bring to Class:
1. A BabyLock or Brother machine that does embroidery along with the embroidery unit. Machine should have a USB port. If you do not have one, you can rent for $10.2. Embroidery Foot3. 4” x 4” and/or 5”x7” hoop with hoop template.4. Notions for sewing, scissors, pins, ruler, etc.5. An old light color tee shirt and a light color fat quarter. 6. Bring your stabilizers and favorite thread. If you do not have these, they will be provided for class practice.7. Bring a laptop to the second session if you have one.
8. USB Drive
- A minimum of 3 people are required for the class to meet. We will cancel 72 hours in advance if the class does not make.
- Class fee does not include supplies unless otherwise noted.
- Fabric and patterns for classes are to be purchased from The Sewing Room. Supplies required for classes will be discounted 10% (please ensure we know your purchases are for a class).
- If you need to cancel a class, please notify us as soon as possible. You will receive a store credit for your class fee.
- Bring your machine and basic sewing supplies to class. If you are trying to decide on a machine to purchase rent one from The Sewing Room for your class. If you would like to use one of the store’s machines please notify us in advance so that we can have the machine available for your use.