Use up those scraps with this scrappy string quilt! Also ideal for jelly rolls or incorporating keepsake clothing into a quilt.
Skills/techniques taught: Quilt block & row piecing, sandwiching quilt top, batting and binding; quilting, binding.
Additional cost: Foundation Paper, made by June Tailor, 50 pack. Sewline Fabric Glue Pen. Three yards solid background fabric, four yards backing fabric, 1.5 yards binding fabric. I used two Moda scrap bags, could also use two jelly rolls. Quilter’s Dream batting (twin size or larger).
This class consists of 4 class day. In each class we will take an hour break for lunch.
- A minimum of 3 people are required for the class to meet. We will cancel 72 hours in advance if the class does not make.
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Class fee does not include supplies unless otherwise noted.
- Fabric and patterns for classes are to be purchased from The Sewing Room. Supplies required for classes will be discounted 10% (please ensure we know your purchases are for a class).
- If you need to cancel a class, please notify us as soon as possible. You will receive a store credit for your class fee.
- Bring your machine and basic sewing supplies to class. If you are trying to decide on a machine to purchase rent one from The Sewing Room for your class. If you would like to use one of the store’s machines please notify us in advance so that we can have the machine available for your